1. In large bowl let eggs warm to room temperature--about 1 hour
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Lightly grease bottom of a 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-by-1 inch jelly-roll pan;
then line with waxed paper
4. Sift flour,baking powder and salt; set aside
5. Beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored, gradually beat in sugar,
2 tablespoons at a time; continue beating until very thick and light
about 5 minutes
6. Blend in sifted dry ingredients and vanilla just until combined
7. Turn into prepared pan; spread evenly.
8. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until surface springs back when gently
pressed with fingertips
9. Meanwhile, onto clean towel, sift confectioners' sugar in a 15-by-10
10. With a sharp knife, loosen sides of cake from pan, turn out cake onto
sugar; gently peel off waxed paper. Trim off crisp edges of cake
11. Starting with long edge, roll cake in towel; place, seam down,
on wire rack until cool
12. Gently unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with jam/jelly (beaten
with fork to spreading consistency), Reroll cake
13. Place, seam side down on serving plate; cover loosely with foil.
Chill at least 1 hour
14. To serve, lightly sift confectioners' sugar over top. Slice on
diagonal with serrated knife.